Campus Deadline: September 15.
Note: Students must apply concurrently to Sciences-Po
Official Michel David-Weill Scholarship Website
Outstanding UCLA Seniors are invited to apply for the Michel David-Weill Scholarship. The Scholarship supports an exceptional student to study for two years for a Master’s degree at Sciences-Po in Paris. As instruction at Sciences-Po is multi-lingual and many courses are in English, knowledge of the French language is not required, though candidates should be enthusiastic about acquiring it during their tenure on this scholarship. One scholarship is awarded nationally.
The scholarship carries a monetary value of $80,000 spanned over two years and covers the full cost of attendance at Sciences-Po (including tuition and fees and housing and other living expenses). There are no constraints on the field of study except those pursuing the Master of Public Affairs and/or executive training courses are not eligible to apply. Candidates desiring to pursue a Sciences-Po Master’s program related to economics are especially encouraged.
An applicant must be nominated by UCLA and:
- be a citizen of the United States (born or naturalized)
- have an overall grade point average of at least 3.7
- be a currently enrolled senior who will graduate by June
- have applied or be in the process of applying to a master’s program at Sciences-Po
- be between the ages of 19 and 25 at the time of disbursement of the award
- have a demonstrated record of academic excellence, leadership, and service
- be able to provide a substantial piece of graded academic work (research essay) as evidence of scholarly attainment
To be considered for the UCLA Michel-David Weill nomination, please submit the following materials to UCLA Scholarship Resource Center at 233 Covel Commons by the UCLA campus deadline. (Applications received after this date will be accepted at the discretion of the Scholarship Resource Center.)
• Completed candidate information form (PDF, 18 Ko)
• A personal statement explaining your motivation for graduate study in Paris (1000 words)
• Two letters of reference. These can be submitted with your application or emailed to Dr. Rebecca Blustein at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you are selected as UCLA’s nominee, you will need to submit a third letter by the national deadline in November.
• A CV
• An unofficial transcript. (Please note that you will likely need to submit official transcripts when applying for admission to Sciences Po.)
• A recent graded research paper (8-10 pages with professor comments)
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, we encourage you to meet with us to discuss your profile and application plans.