Gates Cambridge Scholarships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. The program aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Awardees will receive support to cover: University Composition Fee and College fees, a maintenance allowance for a single student (~£13,500 for 12 months; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months), one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course, inbound visa costs, and the Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis.
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Must be applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
- Although there is no minimum GPA/degree class required to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, successful applicants will be academically outstanding and meet all graduate entry requirements
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- Demonstrate eadership potential
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving the lives of others
- Must be a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
Click here for full application requirements.